Now That You Are A Young Woman!

Yesterday I was talking about how we have to let go of our kids and make them independent in life. Here I will tell you real life instances of girls who entered womanhood and how the world treated them.
This fine young woman reached the age of 18 and in a few days she packed her bag right in front of her parents and told them that she is walking out on them.
They were aghast at this strange behavior and followed her outside begging her not to leave them. Her grandmother was standing outside who immediately told them to follow her to the police station.
They reached the police station only to be told that their only daughter had filed a complaint with them to restrain them from taking her away. The police showed their helplessness since she is legally an adult and she can do what she wants to with her life so if she wants to stay independently ,she could. The parents today are repentant of the ways in which they had treated their daughter. She had made it very clear that she disliked the beatings and reprimands that she had got when she was younger.
My landlord once told me that he is willing to spend a fortune getting his son educated but when I asked him why he did not send his older daughter abroad to study further, he replied that she was any way going to get married and go to her 'sasural', so why should he invest on her. But here was a parent who was willing to spend on a worthless son who only flouted his fathers cash and made merry but was not willing to give his daughter the due. Such a pathetic attitude makes me squirm. I wish I had the money to send this beautiful lady to do her dream subjects.Alas!!
When I saw the movie "Godfather" and the scene where the young girl comes out crying and with a smudged face from the producers cabin, I felt revolted.Later on in life I realized how true the casting couch is! the whole industry seems tainted and not even the young boys are are spared.The thought was scary and when I saw a young woman getting inside a producers cabin and her mother sitting outside, I just felt nauseated. The young woman is now married and has settled down in life but I am sure the trauma that she had undergone on that fateful day will always be etched on her life hard!
So when I was talking yesterday to my disciple,I immediately told her not to be hard on her daughter since she is now a grownup and can decide for herself whichever way she wishes to. She has the choice to listen to her parents or do as she pleases, whichever path that appeals to her. You can only tell her that she is wrong in some issue but even as a parent you cannot consider her as your property. She has a mind of her own and can take her own decisions once she is 18. That is the law!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru