What Do You Do In Spiritual?

Yesterday I was asked a very logical question by a CEO of a big company-What do you do for a living? I told him that I am a spiritualist and so he wanted to know how much I charge for my spiritualism! And I said 'no charges'.
The next in line was what is it that I teach and where do I do that?
I answered that I teach students to just go towards the Self and nothing beyond and that I do where I can- at the house of that student or at my place.
He was flabbergasted and again asked if I teach yoga or meditation or any such thing.
I said not at all and that my spiritual satsang does not contain hatha yoga or meditation at all.
I am sure you too must be wondering if I am actually doing anything at all since I do not conduct spiritual classes or hatha yoga sessions.
The path towards spiritual is all about Self Enquiry and not about hatha yoga or any such. Can you imagine the Christians, Muslims, Parsis or Sikhs or any other people from China or US or Europe actually do not follow much about our hatha yoga or the meditative aspect of spiritual but they too are spiritualist. This happens because our television and class conducting Gurus teach such aspect of spiritual which is more attractive to all the outwardly looking individuals.
They crave for some tete a tete with the high and mighty Guru, they talk of striking deals, getting cured, going on a retreat or simply detoxifying themselves or networking for personal gains.
Spiritualism is all about connecting with the inner Self or God or just getting to know who you are and never about such mundane acts as given above.
These are esoteric experiences which require a lot of faith and belief in the unknown world of the divine. There are books or ancient texts which will tell you about the path but can ever take you there.They are like the guide books and maps but can never give you the experience of the place that you have to go to. That is what you can experience when you travel the length with your spiritual guide.
This guide can show you the path but you have to get there by your own power.
This journey is not outside of you but within you alone and no acts of body exercises or such can take you there.
When I read about a person(self styled Guru) who can inspire, motivate, self help, change you attitude of life, make you drop you bad habits, make you peaceful or just make you healthy I really wondered if the Meerabais or Ramakrishnas, Saibabas or Kabirs of this world actually did that or just guided their disciples towards the Self!
For all the above you actually need a therapist or medical help. Why do the Gurus of today indulge in such acts. Then they actually need to start a holistic healing centres or a hospital instead of an ashram.
That brings me back to this CEO. He seemed dis-satisfied with my answer since he measures everything with how much you grow in this world or how much you make at the end of the day in monetary terms.
Spiritual growth can never be measured by money or how many ashrams or disciples you have but by how you can learn the path of the Self.
I hope you too are not trapped by such persons who can take you on a whirlwind journey by paying a bomb for some useless stuff. If you truly want to blow your money then I suggest you join a gym, go to a therapist( at least they are qualified) or just take a holiday in the alps or Bali.

Comments

I enjoyed reading this post... thanks for sharing..



ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/03/still-life-impressions-from-oldest-city.html
Unknown said…
Thank you Shashiji. Have a great day.

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru