Attachments & Detachment!

Today I was asked by my disciple whether she could go to someplace far and settle down there-in the "happily ever after" way? I told her that the first thing that she would do would be to think about her daughter and how she was doing in life and that would never allow her to be free or happy anywhere. When she is in school she would have to think about her education, then it would be about higher studies, then about her job, then marriage, then her kids, then her divorce or unhappy married life, then her life and never would she be ever free. Now just imagine this- when do you think you will be free from these mundane stuff in life for spiritual goals? Never. Not in this life atleast!
So don't kid yourself and say that you want to get realized in this life.
Your life revolves around your family, friends, house, job, career, parents, life goals, travel and every other worldly stuff besides God!
First it is all about settling down in life and then it is about God.
God has never taken precedence in life ever so why bother about getting into spiritual and loose your balance of mind for God?
Just bother about gathering more and more stuff for this frail life. Possessions and wants never leave such a person.
Before I got into spiritual I made it a point of not being an owner of anything at all except my devotion to God. I do not own anything at all in this life.
I do not own my family, no properties, no monies, not even clothes or any such possessions which can cause misery when I am deprived of them.
I do not even want anything by proxy or by nominations also, since they would bind me down in life. Just think if the person who nominates you dies, would you not be responsible for that stuff? So do not even by chance ask for such stuff.
I can walk away from life and never feel any loss of anything at all.
The one thing that I value most is my God and nothing else.
My Guru takes me down my path and He owns my life.
Even this body is not my own since I slipped into it. If I were to loose it I would be unhappy that I would not be able to serve my God otherwise it has no value at all.
So why gather so much and be unhappy in life.
When we loose possessions we become unhappy. Just know when our property is taken away by our relatives or when we have to pay tax to government also we are unhappy. That is because we believe we own that.
Desires are the greatest cause of misery in this life so give up desires and live as an avadhoot, just like a free bird. Detach yourself from all these attachments and be free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru