See It My Way?

Yudhistir sent his brother to far away lands to bring them under his dominion by means of the ashwamedha yagnya. Arjuna travelled far and wide bringing vassals under the regime of Yudhistir. He went as far as the south east Asia and rode to victory everywhere. He could not return for a very long time. Now it seems so very innocuous to any person and the valour of Arjuna can be written paeans about. But let us see from the point of Yudhistir and how he would consider sending his brother far away. First and foremost he would gain a lot by having Draupadi all to himself, second his brother who was the dearest to her would be far away from her. Yudhistir could govern the kingdom all by himself without any interference from another headstrong person. In case he died on the journeys it would be gainful to him. So why would Arjuna not be a thorn for Yudhistir? So sending him away suited the purpose.
We never see how the truth looks like from any other point of view. All because we have been tainted by maya alone. Someone tells you that your new boss is like Hari Sadu and you start looking at him in that way. Haven't we created an image about that person even before we have met him?
The tainting of the mind happens so swiftly that we have no clue it has occurred. Just looking at my avatar anyone will make judgements on what I am doing. Whereas I am a spiritualist who wears jeans and t-shirts and lives a frugal life but the persona talks about something else. Maya is extremely deceptive in nature and taints everything with her charm.
One of my disciples was getting a drubbing from her boss and the ranting went on for a long time. The boss told her how bad she is and that no one likes her, that she should not try office politics and influence and so on...blah blah blah. See, she was going to US on an assignment and everyone is so pally with her(the boss)... I knew my disciple felt miserable after all that bull crap she got.
I told her to discriminate and understand how maya works. So I told her how it looks like from my point of view.
What her boss was saying- I am getting shunted out of my seat to some godforsaken place where I will not be with my family. If i was so valuable to my company then they should have retained me in the same or higher position in the same country. See how Vikram Pandit got what he wanted? I am miserable so I am going to not feel it alone so I shall make you equally miserable. You are good but me being better why am I getting such a raw deal? My kid is small and these b...ds are screwing my life. I wish I can get away or chuck this lousy job but I cannot since I have so many responsibilities in life and you have none. You are not even married.
Now I am sure you can see how the truth looks like from the other side. So first of all please do not immediately jump the gun but analyse maya's ways of showing some miserable scene to you. See through her and make her your friend not an enemy. When you see the truth by means of discriminating you will be happier and much content.
So never take anything without discriminating first. Learn how maya works and see through her designs. Be good to yourself and know God is always with you but it may not seem like that to you when you are deluded.
Delusion is maya's job and your job is discriminating between the real and unreal. Know truth and God will reveal Himself to you in everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru