Life In The Fast Lane.

I remember getting up early to catch the Churchgate local from Virar running backwards for getting the seat. I used to get the fourth or third seat from the window. The same crowd used to be there standing all the way till their destination. Late at night I used to return thoroughly exhausted and ready to hit the sack but wait there were loads of clothes to finish and taking care of the kid too. Where was the sleep if you have a wailing child at home? Stuffing him with Nestum and Cerelac and all other stuff all the time was the household duties too.
Sundays too were very disturbing and full of mundane jobs. Getting the household groceries and all other stuff happened on the days meant by God for holidays and rest. During the course of the week I did find time to attend the evening Novenas at Mahim church changing trains at Bandra.
That I guess was the only time I found for God and even then it was all about asking stuff. Can you please give me better job, better salary, good health, may you take away my kids illness, can I have some more money and so on. Last week it was all about getting a sanction for a home loan and the next week would be about my job. I am hounded by my bosses to look out for another job soon since they want to appoint the GM's relative in my post. I hated my life.
It was all so run down by such important silly stuff. Now when I look back I cannot discount those days too. Had I not done those things I would never be in my spiritual bliss anyway.
Today I see a lot of youngsters in spiritual and I love it. They have found time at this age and that makes a huge difference in their lives. I spent time on family, job, money and all other stuff when I was their age. They come all fresh and raring to go. asking various questions regarding the spiritual with vengeance. I never had any questions and had no one to turn to then.
The only one that I knew who was remotely connected to spiritual was some long haired baba's who produced magic ash and some other who was like a marionette. They seemed all full of bullshit to me so I turned to the ones who would grant me my wishes like the Mother Mary at Mahim, Vajreshwari devi, Mahalakshmi, Siddhi Vinayak and Saibaba. I guess these were my only bastions when I got into troubles.
Nowadays the younger crowd knows about Vedas, shastras, Gita, Bible and so on and have the gumption to question them too. We never did since our parents would trash us.
Today when I have disciples who spend hours learning about spiritual I feel so happy. They are very sincere in their efforts too. They work for fancy companies drawing fancy salaries and yet have the humility to sit in front of a spiritual being and listen to discourses.
I cannot ask for more than this from God. I wish a lot more learn about Him and understand the path of spiritual. God bless them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru