Irrelevant Old Expositions?

Have you noticed there are musicians who start playing the instrument even before they can talk or read music? Have you also noticed that there are strange people in this world who have talents which others are in awe of and wonder many a times as to how they are able to perform those amazing feats?
Considering that they have never been exposed to that instrument before, how come they are so adept at using it, performing on it or doing miraculous things with it?
The idea lies in our past 'vasanas' or tendencies which exist in the new born.
We carry with us the impressions from the past lives which reveal us the talent we have.
It should not be a strange phenomenon since all of us have the tendencies which we have brought from some past life of ours.
So we have child artists, musicians, painters, writers and others too.
But what I experienced was something that I could never fathom till it was revealed to me by my invisible Guru.
After I got up from a strange illness, I took to spiritual texts as if I knew then before hand. Before that I had never liked spiritual or read even a simple story or a mythological book about my religion. Later,I read so many of them just to test myself if I could get stumped by them.
The only criteria is that I need the translation in English and not the explanation of the verses. The bare verse or text is sufficient for me to expound on it for hours at end. Then again if I did that every time, the explanation differed each time.
I was flabbergasted by this till my revelations happened.
Let us say a verse from Bhagvad Gita is expounded today and again after a year, the entire meaning and explanation will differ. But both of them will be very relevant and correct. The explanation for that can be taken from the story of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's exposition of one verse from the Vedas given to a saint in 51 different ways and all the explanations were perfect. The fixed explanation is not relevant since it does not apply to one and all and only some can co relate it to that exposition in their day to day life.The general meaning of the verse will be the same but an exposition will differ time to time and place to place. It is a dynamic process which we have to follow.
This brings me to the need for the Guru and his importance.
He expounds and gives us only that which is relevant at that moment.Or as Ramakrishnaji says, the mother gives to her different children what they like.In case of a child who loves fried fish, she gives fried fish, to other she may give a curry and to some other she may give fish soup. So the Guru gives to each one of us what we can digest and like in taste.
If we read some old texts then the verse will turn upside down for us and we can never relate to it at all.Let me give you an example here. In the Gita the women and shudras are classified in one category, so would you consider it right for today's day and age? Not at all. The women and others will oppose that since it is demoralizing and degrading all of them. So the exposition on such issues are irrelevant from olden times.Newer expositions are necessary and a proper understanding is required for such a tricky issue. Hence the need for a Guru is felt.
I am sure you too will have a lot of questions to ask after reading this, so do write to me and I shall try to help you understand as much as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru