Tyacha Nanachi Tang

Now when I heard these words in a song recently, I wondered how the whole music scene has evolved. You may say this song has no appeal but don't you see there are so many genres today that we can actually sense a whole new evolution on the musical scene.
I am in middle ages and I love to listen to Taio Cruz, Eminem, Rihanna and others like Amanat Ali, etc.. too.
Most of my collections are similar to my daughters collections and my favorite are always on the AT40.
That brings me to the crib by all the old artists that their songs are getting mutilated and cannot be recognized today. Now we need to give way to the old and ring in the new, right? There are people who really love the oldies and slow numbers, so are the younger generations in any way obstructing them from crooning such numbers?
My sons repertoire is full of such old numbers and he belts them out at the local Karaoke bar. I feel he is much older to me whereas the liking for songs go.
There may not be any logical explanation to the newer songs and their meanings but who cares whether the songs may not have been written for the sake of any explanation or deeper meanings.
Anyway, if you want some deeper meanings then you are free to listen to your old numbers and the ones with such stuff. So let those be who care two hoots for meanings or lyrics or rhythm or whatever that you care for.Stop your cribbing and just enjoy what you like and let the ones who love the rap and other such stuff enjoy theirs too.
I found a very silly issue here in Kolkatta- there are hardly any FM stations giving out Bengali songs, likewise there is only one station giving out some BS Hindi songs in Bangalore and no station for Marathi songs in Aamchi Mumbai. Here I am talking of FM stations. And hey, Mumbai is starved of an entirely English FM station.
Now you can understand why people do a rip off the music scene.
Please let us not starve of good music for all genres. Otherwise let me say it once again- Tyacha Nanachi Tang!

Comments

Purba said…
Musical is a personal choice. And like you I love the evolving music culture. You have fusion bands, jazz, baul singers, sufi vying for our attention. And I love it all!!!
Unknown said…
Thanks,Purba. God bless you.

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Like What You Do!

Success & Failure

Torito De Pucara in Peru